Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Going to the Doctor

Hello family and friends,

Tuesday April 7 2009

Being sick in a forghen country,

So in Venice I started to get sick with a little head cold. I was thinking it was nothing. I was wrong. By Tuesday came I wake up in the middle of the night with a hard time breathing and could not sleep. With that I decided that I need to get real help.

So to go to the doctor here in the DCT school in Switzerland, this is what you do. Go to the front desk and tell them you want to go to the doctor, and they will call an make an appointment for you. Then they call you and tell what time it is at and give you a map to his office. His office is just up the street and then up a hill.

The hill was the hard part for me because I could not breath. But I walk into this house and I’m like what is going on. There is no nuerice and they the lady that deals with the payment is like you are from DCT right, and I’m like yes. She take my insurens card and puts me in this waiting room.

This is the first time I have ever felt like what is going to happen to me in a doctors office. The reason being because I can not read any of the magazines because they are all in German; and the doctor is the one that pulls you back into his office. So there are a few ladies there before me and the doctor comes in and says something in German and I’m like HOLEY CRAPE I’m going to die. But one other ladies got up.

Then when it was my turn to come back to the office he askes me what is wrong. I told him that I started out with a head cold but in the middle of the night I wake up with a hard time breathing. Of corse I was thinking I had Bronckides but I was wrong. He said in his broken English that the longs are fine but your glands are all swollen. He leaves in a worle wind and comes back with 3 boxes in his hand. He sits down in front of me and tells how to take them and how many times a day to take them and then writes that on the boxes to.

Everything I am taking has to go into water. So I drink 3 big glasses of water every morning. But I am almost done with it now. But that was quite an expriens to go to the doctor in Switzerland.


Till next time,
Travel54s

No comments: